There’s never been a better time to be a geek. From “Game of Thrones” and “The Big Bang Theory,” to “Harry Potter” and “The Avengers,” geek culture is everywhere, attracting and connecting ever-expanding audiences. Today’s obsession with all-things-geek has sparked a global community on YouTube, enabling fans around the world to express their love of superheroes, comics, gaming, science and sci-fi.
Most of the popular you tube channels going to share with us lots of geek videos.That’s why on August 4-10 we’ll celebrate this content with a special programming event: our first-ever YouTube Geek Week atYouTube.com/GeekWeek.
YouTube making this sort of even to get more attention form the audience with that most of them you tube like view and click can earn with that, Google’s marketing tactics like impressing audience try to keep connect with them.
Each day is hosted by a different YouTube channel, who will introduce the highlights of the day in a special daily video, as well as launch exciting new content throughout the week.
- Blockbuster Sunday: A celebration of the iconic characters, movies and shows that define geek culture–plus a spotlight on the best original YouTube sci-fi, fantasy and animation. Hosted by FreddieW in the U.S., with new content from Tomska in the U.K.
- Global Geekery Monday: Anime from Tokyo, comic book heroes from Delhi, and a celebration of “Doctor Who.” Explore geek culture from around the world. Hosted by YOMYOMF in the U.S., and including a special new episode of the British cult children’s TV show “Knightmare.”
- Brainiac Tuesday: Science, education and knowledge channels that make YouTube the world’s biggest platform for learning. Hosted by Veritasium and The Spangler Effect in the U.S., with an epic stunt from Head Squeeze and Flow from the U.K.
- Super Wednesday: From hilarious parodies to real-life superpowers, explore superheroes, the supernatural and the super-weird. Plus, released exclusively for Geek Week, the trailer for Marvel’s “Thor: The Dark World.” Hosted by Stan Lee’s World of Heroes in the U.S., and you won’t believe what Fast Furious & Funny have done with an old Nissan in the U.K.
- Gaming Thursday: A gamers’ paradise, with live play-throughs, video games in real life, game-inspired original series and much more. Hosted by Machinima and Maker Studios’ Polaris in the U.S., with a Guinness World Records gaming attempt live stream from the U.K.
- Fan Friday: Sci-fi-themed cooking, incredible cosplay and impassioned nerd debates as YouTube’s biggest fans take center stage. Hosted by Felicia Day of Geek & Sundry in the U.S., with an ultimate geeky quiz byCrabstickz from the U.K.